While driving and enjoying are the first few things on your mind, it is an equally important task to maintain your car. There are different types of car services out in the market, you should choose the ones essential for your car is depended on the usage, such as
- Car Spa/ Car Wash: You should keep your car clean, like you keep yourself. At least once in a week, get your car washed.
- Denting to lend it a perfect look.
- Painting for the perfect shining beautiful car.
- Mechanical Service to maintain the performance of the car.
- Car Service including the different small services of a car, like Ac, oil maintenance, Fuel filter. Etc
- Interior Car Care to keep your car well maintained.
- Car Scanning to detect the car problems.
- Automatic Wheel Balancing to avoid this unbalance get the wheel balancing service for your car.
But the most important of them being the tyres.
Your car’s tyres are the only thing that come in contact with the road. As such, it’s important that we take care of them so that they can take care of us. However, checking tyre pressure is not much of a consideration between services and MOTs, even though it’s extremely easy to do.
You should be regularly checking your car’s tyre pressure to ensure that they don’t wear prematurely, to reduce fuel costs and make sure your car handles corners and braking effectively.
Visit your nearest Jeep service center in Bangalore to know more about the treading and tyre pressure.
While we do strongly suggest visiting only an authorized Jeep dealer near you, like the PPS Jeep service center in Bangalore, here are some steps to follow to check your car’s tyre pressure.
- You need to find the tyre pressure rating for your car. Normally, you can find them here:
- Your car’s manual
- On the inside of a petrol cap
- Printed on the inside ledge of the driver’s door
If you still can’t find the correct tyre pressure rating, enter your registration plate into the National Tyre Service website.
Every make and model will have a different pressure rating, so it is vital that you make sure you use the correct pressure rating for your specific car.
- You will need a pressure gauge at this point. Take the dust cap on the valve of your tyre off and attach the pressure gauge.
- Record the reading and cross-reference it against the correct pressure rating for your car.
- If the tyre is underinflated, use an air pump to inflate the tyre to the correct pressure at home. If you don’t have an air pump, you can visit a petrol station – most of them have facilities you can use to put air in your tyres. If the tyre is overinflated, allow some air to escape while the dust cap is off, then re-check the pressure to see if it is now at the correct pressure.
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 for the rest of your tyres, including the spare (if you have one).
Incorrect tyre pressure can make your car less safe to drive, cause damage to the car itself and cost you money unnecessarily. If your tyres are overinflated you might experience less traction with the road, which can affect the car’s handling and braking and cause accidents. Your tyres will also have a shorter lifespan due to them being heavier and uneven.
Under inflated tyres can also cause problems such as increased wear and tear because they’re not rolling smoothly on the road. In addition, increased rolling distance also causes your car to use more fuel, which in turn will cost you more money.
Having correctly inflated tyres ensures that you get the most out of them by giving them a longer lifespan and reducing the rate of wear and tear.
Your car also complies with all the relevant road laws by having properly inflated tyres, which increases your safety and the safety of other road users.
And hence the need to visit a trusted Jeep service center in Bangalore.
Since 1941, Jeep® Brand vehicles have inspired men to dream and to dare. Our brand is built on the pillars of freedom, adventure, authenticity and passion and at the PPS Jeep service center, Bangalore we uphold the spirit of the brand adhering to standard of Jeep servicing.